The first question is where to find the scheduler tool in informatica. Follow the below steps to locate the scheduler tool:
- Login to the workflow manager.
- Open any folder.
- Either create a workflow or open an existing workflow.
- Go to the toolbar, click on workflow->edit.You will get a window.
- Click on the scheduler tab on that window.
- Click on the button shown in the red circle to open the scheduler editor. This is shown in the following image:
- The above window is the place Where you can specify the scheduling times.
Informatica scheduler Tool Options:The scheduling options are independent of the operating system (unix or windows) where the informatica services are installed. Let see the various scheduling options available in informatica:
Run options: The run options are used to specify when to run the workflow. There are three types of run options available in informatica. They are
- Run on Integration Service Initialization: When the informatica services are restarted, the integration service runs the workflow.
- Run on Demand: By default this option is checked. You have to manually run the workflow. The workflow is not in scheduled state.
- Run Continuously: The integrations service runs the workflow continuously until the End on date option or End after number of runs reached.
- Start Date: Start date of the workflow.
- Start Time: Start time of the workflow.
- End on: The workflow stops running after this date.
- End after: The workflows stops running after the specified number of runs.
- Forever: Workflow runs forever. There is no end date for the workflow.
- Run Once: The workflows runs only one time at the specified start date and time.
- Run every: This option is used to specify the workflow to run every X days , Y hours and/or Z minutes.
- Customized Repeat: This option allows more fexibility to run the workflow daily or weekly or monthly.
Customized Repeat Options:Click on the edit button corresponding to the custmoized repeat to get the custmization options window. The window is shown in the following image:
The various options are:
- Repeat Every: This option can be used to used to specify the scheduling interval based on the number of days, number of weeks and number of months. The corresponding select box can be used for selecting day, week and month.
- Run on: This option is applicable for weekly schedule. You can specify on what days the workflow should run in a week.
- Run on day: This option is applicable for monthly schedule. This is used to specify on what day of the month the workflow should run.
- Run on the: This option is also applicable for monthly schedule. This is used to specify on what day of the week, the workflow should run.
- Daily Frequency: This option is applicable for daily, weekly and monthly schedule. The Run Once option is to specify the workflow to run only once per day. The Run Every option is to specify the workflow to run for every M hours and/or N minutes.