|Lookup||Passive/Connected or Unconnected|
|SQL||Active or Passive/Connected|
|Stored Procedure||Passive/Connected or Unconnected|
1. What is a transformation?
A transformation is a repository object that generates, modifies, or passes data.
2. What is an active transformation?
An active transformation is the one which changes the number of rows that pass through it.
Example: Filter transformation
3. What is a passive transformation?
A passive transformation is the one which does not change the number of rows that pass through it.
Example: Expression transformation
4. What is a connected transformation?
A connected transformation is connected to the data flow or connected to the other transformations in the mapping pipeline.
Example: sorter transformation
5. What is an unconnected transformation?
An unconnected transformation is not connected to other transformations in the mapping. An unconnected transformation is called within another transformation and returns a value to that transformation.
Example: Unconnected lookup transformation, unconnected stored procedure transformation
6. What are multi-group transformations?
Transformations having multiple input and output groups are called multi-group transformations.
Examples: Custom, HTTP, Joiner, Router, Union, Unstructured Data, XML source qualifier, XML Target definition, XML parser, XML generator
7. List out all the transformations which use cache?
Aggregator, Joiner, Lookup, Rank, Sorter
8. What is blocking transformation?
Transformation which blocks the input rows are called blocking transformation.
Example: Custom transformation, unsorted joiner
9. What is a reusable transformation?
A reusable transformation is the one which can be used in multiple mappings. Reusable transformation is created in transformation developer.
10. How do you promote a non-reusable transformation to reusable transformation?
Edit the transformation and check the Make Reusable option
11. How to create a non-reusable instance of reusable transformations?
In the navigator, select an existing transformation and drag the transformation into the mapping workspace. Hold down the Ctrl key before you release the transformation.
12. Which transformation can be created only as reusable transformation but not as non-reusable transformation?
External procedure transformation.