The normalizer transformation receives a row that contains multiple-occurring columns and retruns a row for each instance of the multiple-occurring data. This means it converts column data in to row data. Normalizer is an active transformation.
2. Which transformation is required to process the cobol sources?
Since the cobol sources contain denormalzed data, normalizer transformation is used to normalize the cobol sources.
3. What is generated key and generated column id in a normalizer transformation?
VSAM (Virtual Storage Access Method) is a file access method for an IBM mainframe operating system. VSAM organize records in indexed or sequential flat files.
5. What is VSAM normalizer transformation?
The VSAM normalizer transformation is the source qualifier transformation for a COBOL source definition. A COBOL source is flat file that can contain multiple-occurring data and multiple types of records in the same file.
6. What is pipeline normalizer transformation?
Pipeline normalizer transformation processes multiple-occurring data from relational tables or flat files.
7. What is occurs clause and redefines clause in normalizer transformation?